Banner Ad

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A List of Developer Tools : A Tech blogger must have

By Francis   Posted at   6:27 PM   Blogging No comments
                    I Love Technology blogging. Since the beginning of this blog, I have lot of troubles to write my articles, to show my output of my demo, Convert code from vb.net to C# and vice versa etc. So some useful stuffs and utilities needed for me which simplify my day today blogging activities. In this post, I am going to guide you these kind of useful stuffs.
Blogging_Tools


Windows Live Writer:
                 This tool is from Microsoft, comes as a rescue for me while writing blog posts. You can freely download this from this here. This post also drafted using this awesome tool.

Snipping Tool:
                Built in tool with windows, used to fetch screen shot of your screen. I always prefer this tool for this kind of purpose. Not much complicated simplicity makes this tool more compact and easy to use.

Cropper:
         This is a open source project which can be found at Codeplex site, developed in C#. This is the tool I expect since beginning of this blog. The main purpose of this tool is you can capture your screen activities as animated GIF files. These kind of stuff is really useful for me to show the output of my demo program.

HTMLEntities.net:
               It’s a website, used to encode/decode your entire HTML code snippets. When you publish your code snippets inside a blog post (Especially when you use Syntax High Lighter) it should be in a encoded format. At this time this site comes as a good choice. Find this site here.

Syntax High Lighter:
               Syntax HighLighter is a Javascript library, used to display code snippets in a proper way. Really thankful to the man Alex, who developed and maintain the syntax highlighter. You can download it and upload the files in your own place otherwise you can just get the urls from the respective site and include them on your post.

Code Converter:
             In this type I prefer to use DeveloperFusion’s version, it is also a website. You can convert the code as your choice like vb.net to C# or C# to Vb.net etc.You can find the site here.

What do you think?
                 The above are all my personal learning in my blogging journey. The list may be grow in future. Have I missed some essential tool, Let me know your thoughts thru comments.

About Francis

Francis, an Associate at Cognizant. Having 7+ Years of experience in Microsoft web technologies.

0 comments :

Please give your valuable comments to improve the contents

Connect with Us